Modern cosmetic dentistry can help if you’re unhappy with your smile’s appearance. Cosmetic procedures focus on the look of your mouth, teeth, gums, and a broad smile. Here are some common cosmetic procedures you should know about.
Not all of the procedures listed below will work for everyone. Your dentist can advise you on the best way to improve your smile.
- Teeth Whitening: This procedure can brighten and whiten your teeth if they are discoloured or stained. It can be performed either in the dental clinic or at home. Because not everyone’s teeth can be bleached/applied to UV light, it’s critical to consult with your dentist first.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin shells composed of porcelain or composite material. They are custom-made and cemented to the front of the tooth. A veneer can be used to correct dental issues such as slightly crooked teeth, discoloured teeth, chipped teeth, or even gaps between teeth.
- Dental Implants: It’s a device made of titanium used to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone where the tooth is missing. A dental implant is intended to replace the tooth root and can be used to secure artificial teeth such as a crown, bridge, or denture.
- Dental Crowns: They are also known as caps since they are custom created to fit over your entire tooth. Crowns are used in aesthetic dentistry to treat teeth that are poorly formed, badly damaged, cracked, chipped, or have had big fillings, as well as to fix gaps between teeth.
- Teeth Shaping: The dentist can reshape the tooth by filing or removing the enamel portion, also known as “enamel shaping.” This procedure is usually painless and has immediate results.
- Bonding: Bonding is the process of attaching tooth-coloured materials to the tooth. This method can repair or improve the appearance of a poorly stained, fractured, or chipped tooth.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are restorations containing one or several false teeth held in place by abutment teeth. Many people prefer to get porcelain dental bridges since they blend in well with the rest of their natural teeth.
Visit our clinic on Markham Road, and we will help you determine which procedure best suits you and your oral health. Book an appointment online: https://drsalimkapadiadental.com/online-appointments/